Last Updated on November 19th, 2013
is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Types Of Information We Collect
Personal information is information that specifically identifies an individual, such as a customer’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card or other account number, and information about that individual’s activities when directly linked to that person such as information about his or her purchases. Personal information also includes demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, geographic area and preferences, when such information is linked to other personal information that identifies the individual.
Personal information does not include “aggregate” information. Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of products, services or customers, from which individual customer identities have been removed. In other words, information about how you use a service may be collected and combined with information about how others use the same service, but no personal information will be included in the resulting data. Likewise, information about the products you purchase may be collected and combined with information about the products purchased by others. Aggregate data helps us understand trends and customer needs so that we can better consider new products and services, and tailor existing products and services to customer desires. We may share aggregate information about our users with third parties for various purposes, such as helping us better understand and improve our services, and for advertising and marketing purposes.
How We Collect And Use Personal Information
Healing Histamine collects personal information from you at several different points on our Website, as set forth below.
In general, we use personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, such as
- to provide services or complete transactions you have requested,
- for billing purposes,
- to anticipate and resolve problems with our Website and our products and services, and
- for our own internal business operations, to respond to customer support inquiries and for other purposes as described below.
Registration, Purchases; Other Information Submissions
When you register to become a member on our Website, you are asked to create a unique login and password, and are required to give certain personal information (such as your name, email address, and postal code). We may also request certain information about your tastes and preferences (such as your favorite food, purchases or recipes).
Information you provide during registration may be used for some or all of the following:
- to provide services you have requested, or to otherwise fulfill your request; and
- to contact you from time to time
- (i) about services on our Website for which you have expressed interest;
- (ii) with news,
- (iii) for internal marketing, informational, and promotional purposes; or
- (iv) for any other lawful purpose related to your use of the Website.
Additionally, your registration information may be used, together with other information you submit to us in conjunction with your use of the Website, for the following purposes:
- for editorial purposes, such as when you submit a recipe to us (e.g., to attribute your submitted recipe to you);
- to contact you for any reason regarding content you have submitted to the Website (e.g., to ask you a question about a recipe you have submitted); and
- to identify you by name when posting content you submit to us on the Website (e.g., when you request a recipe on the Website, to post your name and a description of the recipe you are requesting).
If, during or immediately following registration, you choose to view offers for goods and services that are available from selected third party companies (“Co-Registration Vendors”), we will make certain contact and demographic information you provide during registration (e.g., name, age, and/or email address) available to these vendors. If you request goods or services from a Co-Registration Vendor, you may be asked to submit additional demographic and other personal information. The Co-Registration Vendor may use your registration information which we provide to it, along with any information you submit directly to it, to fulfill, or secure fulfillment of, your request. For additional information about disclosure of your personal information to our Co-Registration Vendors, and their use thereafter, please see the Disclosure of Personal Information. section below. We collect personal information such as your Paypal address, Paypal billing address, and related billing information if you purchase products or services on our Website. We use this information to fulfill your orders and bill you for them. We DO NOT capture or record credit card numbers.
When you submit your email address to us to initiate a subscription to one of our newsletters, we ask for personal information such as your name and email address. This personal information is only used to send you the newsletter(s). You may opt-out of such follow-up contacts by following the instructions in the newsletter. Please also note that we use a “double opt-in” process to confirm your subscription to our newsletters. When you initiate a subscription to one of our email newsletters, we send a confirmation email message to the email address. We only subscribe your email address to the newsletter after you follow the steps in the confirmation email message.
When you elect to use our referral service for emailing a recipe or other content to a friend, we ask you for your friend’s name and email address. Healing Histamine will automatically send your friend a one-time email on your behalf which contains the recipe or other content, and which invites your friend to visit the Website. Healing Histamine uses your friend’s name and email address only to send this one-time email, and does not store this information. If your friend does not wish to receive “email-a-friend” messages to be sent on your behalf, he or she must contact you directly. Healing Histamine users may not use our referral service to send unwanted spam to others.
Contests, Promotions, Offers And Surveys
From time to time our Website requests personal information from users via contests, promotions, offers and surveys. Participation in these contests, promotions, offers, and surveys is completely voluntary and you therefore may choose whether to disclose personal information in connection with these activities. Personal Information requested in these activities may include contact information (e.g., your name and shipping address) and demographic information (e.g., your postal code or age level). We use this information to notify you if you’ve won and to award prizes. We use information we collect in surveys for internal purposes, such as to ascertain the use of this Website and improve its usefulness to you. We may also provide third parties with this information, and may combine it with some or all of your registration information. Third parties may use the information we provide them to contact you regarding products or services that may be of interest to you. These disclosures are discussed in greater detail below in the “Disclosure of Personal Information” section. When we provide information collected during a contest, promotion, offer, or survey on the Website to third parties, we always disclose this to you at the time of collection.
We collect personal information when you submit comments, questions or suggestions to our customer service department. We use the information you provide to respond to your submission.
Cookies, Web Beacons And Log Files
We use, and permit third parties to use, “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, 1-by-1 GIFs, and web bugs) on our Website and in our e-mail newsletters, to monitor the effectiveness of advertising and for other lawful purposes. These web beacons do not collect personally identifying information about you on our Website.
We track log files on our Website (i.e., we log your computer’s IP address into our log files when you visit a page on our Website) and use them to analyze trends, administer the Website, track your movements on the Website, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may link some or all of this information to personally identifiable information that is stored on a cookie in your computer. We only use information gathered from these activities for our internal marketing and operational purposes.
Disclosure Of Personal Information
With your consent, we may disclose your personal information to third parties in order to provide you with products and services that you have requested.
During or immediately following registration, you have the option to view and select offers from various third party companies that may be of interest to you, such as retailers and consumer products manufacturers. These offers are made available to you by our Co-Registration Vendors. If you choose to view these offers we will make information you provide during registration available to these vendors. The vendors will forward this information, along with any other information you provide in conjunction with your request, to companies you have selected in order to fulfill, or facilitate fulfillment of, your request(s). Our Co-Registration Vendors are contractually obligated to keep all such information confidential and to only use it for the purposes for which it was provided. If you do not select any of the available offers, the vendors will delete your information which they have been provided. Please note, however, that any information that is passed on by these vendors to third party companies that you select is subject to those third parties privacy practices.
With your consent, we may disclose information you provide to us during registration to third parties in conjunction with
(i) your entry into a contest or promotion,
(ii) your request of an offer, or
(iii) your participation in a survey or similar activity on the Website.
You may be asked for additional information in order to enter the contest or promotion, request an offer, or participate in a survey. The third parties will use the information we provide to them, along with any information you provide during your entry, request, or participation, in order to
(i) notify you if you have won a prize in a contest or sweepstakes, and
(ii) to fulfill, or facilitate fulfillment of, requests for products or services you may make in connection with your entry, request, or participation.
These third parties are contractually obligated to keep all such information confidential and to only use it for the purposes for which it was provided. When we provide information collected during a contest, promotion, offer, or survey on the Website to third parties, we always disclose this to you at the time of collection
HEALING HISTAMINE’s Own Business Purposes
We use and disclose information about you for our own internal statistical, design or operational purposes, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns, and understand demographic, user interest, purchasing and other trends among our users. We may outsource these tasks and disclose personal information about you to third parties, provided the use and disclosure of your personal information by these third parties is restricted to performance of such tasks. We may also share personal information with third-party vendors who assist us in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business. We require our third party vendors to keep such information confidential and to only use the information for the purpose it was provided.
Protection Of HEALINGHISTAMINE.Com And Others
Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personally identifiable information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets of the company.
We also use Google Analytics Advertiser Features to optimize our business. Advertiser features include:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform integrations
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
By enabling these Google Analytics Display features, we are required to notify our visitors by disclosing the use of these features and that we and third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to gather data about your activities on our Site. Among other uses, this allows us to contact you if you begin to fill out our check-out form but abandon it before completion with an email reminding you to complete your order. The “Remarketing” feature allows us to reach people who previously visited our Site, and match the right audience with the right advertising message.
We abide by Facebook’s Data Use Restrictions.
- Any ad data collected, received or derived from our Facebook ad (“Facebook advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on our behalf, such as our service provider. We are responsible for ensuring that our service providers protect any Facebook advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit our use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by Facebook) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of our Facebook advertising campaigns.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data, including the targeting criteria for a Facebook ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
- We do not transfer any Facebook advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
Children’s Privacy Statement
This children’s privacy statement explains our practices with respect to the online collection and use of personal information from children under the age of thirteen, and provides important information regarding their rights under federal law with respect to such information.
- This Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site. We screen users who wish to provide personal information in order to prevent users under the age of thirteen from providing such information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we also do NOT knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
- We do NOT knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information through the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we do NOT condition the participation of a child under thirteen in the Site’s online activities on providing personally identifiable information.
Third Party Website Advertising – General
Third Party Links
Third Party Sources
We use reasonable security measures to store and maintain personally identifying information so as to protect it from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction by unauthorized parties while it is under our control. We use secure socket layer (“SSL”) encryption when transmitting certain kinds of information, such as payment information, over the Internet. We DO NOT, however, use SSL to protect user demographic or registration data.
Correcting/Updating Personal Information
We give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving commercial email from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in the message. Even if you opt-out in this manner, however, you will still receive account-related and non-commercial messages from us. To get placed on our “DO NOT EMAIL” list, send a request to email@example.com. If your email address is added to the “DO NOT EMAIL” list, you will not receive any newsletters or other opt-in email messages. Please note, however, that your email address being placed on the “DO NOT EMAIL” list does not prevent you from receiving “send-to-a-friend” email messages, or email messages from third parties from which you requested information, products, or services from during or immediately after registration. To opt-out from messages from these third parties, or from any other communications that you receive directly from third parties, you must contact them directly in order to opt-out.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not provide your personal information to any third party for their direct marketing purposes without your consent. If, having provided your consent, you would like to revoke your consent to future disclosure of your personal information to third parties, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with “California Opt-Out” in the subject line. Please note that this opt-out will not prevent the use of information that has already been disclosed to third parties with your consent and you should contact them directly to opt-out from such communications. If you would like more information with respect to your privacy rights under California law, you may contact us at email@example.com. Please indicate such a request by placing “California Disclosure Information” in the subject line.